3. Transferring your information:
By using the Societies website, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country.
Your information is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA).
4. Choices you have about your info:
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices regarding your information. If you are a member of the Society, please contact us to do any of the following:
* Update information about you.
* Update your subscriptions at any time.
* Close your membership.
You also have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access the Societies website. For example:
* The browser you use lets you control cookies or other types of local data storage.
* Your mobile device lets you choose how and whether your data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by your device or software provider.
5. How and when we share information:
Some of the ways we use your information require us to share information with third parties, so we can provide your The Societies website experience, make sure our customization is effective and comply with laws that apply to us. We share your information with:
* Law enforcement agencies or government agencies. We only share information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or The Societies website; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
6. How long we keep your information:
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide our saervice to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. Membership details and Gift Aid authorities will be retained for as long as you are a member. We may also need to keep financial information for a period of six financial years after the end of the financial year in which the transaction occurred so that we can respond to any enquiries from HMRC about our income or applications for Gift Aid. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
7. Our policy on children’s information:
Children under 13 are not allowed to join the the Society or use its website. If you are based in the EEA you may only use the Societies website if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of the Societies website has been provided to us.
8. Your options:
You have options in relation to the information that we have about you described below. To exercise these options, please contact us. If you’re an EEA user, you can:
* Access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
* Have your information corrected or deleted.
* Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you emails or post to which you have subscribed. We only send you notifications if you’ve agreed to it, but if you’d rather we don’t, you can ask to be unsubscribed at any time.
* Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
* Complain to a regulator. If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
9. How to get in touch:
The Society is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Societies website here: Contact Us page.
10. Document Version
We update this Privacy Notice from time to time so please do review it regularly.
A finalised version of this document will become effective on or before 25 May 2018.